Thursday, January 12, 2012

My word gladice. that's far.


In the skiing post, I mentioned distance, and thought I would post this little number as well.
The views here are incredible, and even though I had heard from so many people how gorgeous this place is, it is pretty awesome to see it firsthand!!
.....
Okay, so this is a picture from Lazy Mt trail head parking lot. It's about 5 miles or so from Luke's cabin.
So you see that road I pointed a blue arrow to?
That is the Parks-Wasilla Highway, that eventually leads to the Denali Nat'l park. 
 ...
And that incredible mountain all lit up in the sunset?
That is Mt McKinley. 
According to mapquest it is about 249 miles from where I took the picture.
 ...
That's like seeing the Mackinaw bridge from my mom and dad's house!
Holy shemoly. You guys all gotta get up here, and we could go to this spot. And gaze into the distance.
.....
And then move in to the house on the left so that 
we could enjoy tea and crumpets while gazing out into the distance. 
.....
Kidding of course. Anyway, you get the idea.



1 comment:

  1. That's really neat, Amy! I am getting more and more excited about coming there. And for you to show us all the best spots. And to hear more cool factoids about Alaska like this. Get ready, tour guide!

    ReplyDelete