Friday, October 14, 2011

Amy vs. Alaska..

Alaska: almost everyone (actually I think everyone) is either: an avid runner, an avid biker, an avid skier, or an avid hiker. Most likely they are quite talented in three or more of the above. And training for the Olympics.

Amy: I try really hard to go out shuffling most everyday.
.........................................................................................................................................................................
Alaska: It seems no-one is at all afraid of the grizzlies or moose or other such beastly things living across the street in the park when they go out and about. 'Bah' they say. 'Bring grizzly spray' they say. 'Just leave them be and it will be FINE' they say.

Amy: Don't think I could carry enough bells and whistles.
I think I need a outfit of bear-bells and surrounded in
a bubble of bear spray and wearing night vision goggles.
.......................................................................................................................................................................
Alaska: They call their roads 'highways'.

Amy: Someone has a slack definition of highway. They call a 130+ mile 
long dirt road a highway. Drove on the entire thing one time, not 
once along the entire drive did it appear to be a highway. 
Was more like a very beautifully scenic driveway.
.....................................................................................................................................................................
Alaska: Most people have/own/wear daily cool-looking outdoor apparel. 

Amy: I own really old tees and sweats. But mostly I wish I had
somewhere to wear my cute clothes from Lindsay. :) (Hi Lindsay!)
Or a dress.. or *sigh* my cute shoes. 
Maybe I will when I am out hunting next time. 
May as well be fashionable whilst scouting bear.
......................................................................................................................................................................
Alaska: Have met a lot of people who are originally from here, but it seems just as many who are originally from the lower 48.. and they seem very happy to be in this beautiful place!

Amy: a transplant, and new here, and attempting to fit-in
as fast as I can.. & also very happy to be living in beautiful AK!
(So I guess we are even on this one.. :)
...........................................................
I think it may be a tie.


1 comment:

  1. Haha. Fun to read :) Miss you! Esp when I saw Trisha today

    ReplyDelete