Lemme tellya. I just adore craigslist.
It is like garage sailing without the use of gasoline.
And seeing as I really don't own a car that is very beneficial.
.....
Anyway, scored two of the purply/maroon chairs for six bucks!
I have been looking for mid-century modern barrel-like chairs to re-upholster
and then put them in Luke's cabin..
These are not exactly what I had in mind, but I do like the simple shape,
the smallish size, and the fact that they 'float' off the ground will help in keeping the
living space from looking too crowded..
.....
I decided that since the cabin has a very yellowy undertone to the wood,
Will upholster them in gray with a plaid material for the seat cushion :)
Like this:
Love the dimension of heathered gray :)
will throw on some nailhead trim somewhere because I am a sucker for that trend.
And how cozy would an ikea sheep rug be thrown over one?
Excited for this project.. :) will have to post the 'after' once they get finished.
sometime this year.

No comments:
Post a Comment